MUSIC PRODUCTION SERVICES FOR INDEPENDENT ARTISTS
A different studio experience
In a world driven by patterns and predictability, randomness is a testament to the unexpected, a celebration of the uncharted, and a reminder that uniqueness often emerges from the unplanned.
My name is Matt Tabor, and I believe every artist brings a unique flavor to the table, whether seasoned or new. My favorite thing to do in this life is to discover and amplify artistic flavor, layer it with decades of musical knowledge, and help artists serve it to the world.
You don't have to create music alone. Collaboration is the most remarkable aspect of human innovation and the match that lit so many of the musical flames still burning today. To me, a producer is a trusted and objective ear that can help you develop ideas faster, fill in the gaps and break down insecurities use you are ready to elevate your sound, transcend boundaries, and make the best music possible.
At Random Sound Studios, my amazing partners and I don't just produce music - we bring out the best in artists and their projects. If you have demos that you want to develop and release, I would love to hear them.
I never walk away from great talent for any reason. If you decide to work with me, you'll be working with someone who has over 30 years of songwriting and performance experience,15 years of production and engineering expertise, cutting-edge equipment, amazing session musicians and engineering partners, and a relentless passion for new music. We're not just another studio – we're small, open-minded, fun, and the musical partner you've been looking for, not some big studio business only after your money.
How I can help
I can help you with...
- Music Production & Arrangement
- Songwriting & Composition
- Tracking and Recording
- Mixing & Mastering
- Sound Design
- Session Musicians
- And everything in between
Why Choose Me:
1. Experience & Expertise: With over 15 years in the industry, I have honed my skills to understand the intricate nuances that make a track stand out.
2. State-of-the-Art Equipment: My small but loaded studio has the latest in music production technology, ensuring that your sound is crisp, clear, contemporary, or distressed and antique.
3. Tailored Approach: I know that every artist is unique. My team is dedicated to understanding your vision and ensuring it's executed flawlessly or with as many intentional flaws as you want.
4. Collaborative and Creative Environment: My studio is a sanctuary for creativity. Here, you will find a comfortable, pressure-free place for solitude to introspect and collaboration to inspire. Our control room is designed like an aircraft cock-pit with every control and instrument within arm's reach, so you never leave the creative flow.
5. Genre Proficiency: We specialize in producing indie music. I am not interested in making commercial pop or country records. I work mainly with indie rock/pop-rock, indie pop-folk, alt-folk, and alt-country. If you are inspired by artists like Phoebe Bridgers, Taylor Swift, The National, Coldplay, Gracie Abrams, Julian Baker, John Mayer, Radiohead, the Beatles, Fiona Apple, St Vincent, Kacey Musgraves, and Glass Animals, you’re in the right place.
6. TV/Film Sync and Label connections: I work with an A&R team that commissions music for various commercial sources. I regularly share these opportunities with artists I work with when there is an excellent stylistic fit. Most of these opportunities have the potential to provide better pay and exposure than just music streaming, while these sync deals allow the artist to retain full ownership of the music.
Listen to Sample Tracks
Tom Cooper is a new singer/songwriter who worked with me to release his first single. My team and I helped Tom through pre-production to mastering, transforming his rough demo into a release-ready recording that got over 50K streams in the first three months.